Direct Acting Antiviral-Post Authorization Safety Study
This is an independent optional sub-study parallel to TARGET-HCC (NCT02954094). The purpose of Direct-Acting Antiviral-Post Authorization Safety Study (DAA-PASS) is to investigate the impact of exposure to direct-acting antivirals (DAAs) on early recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in hepatitis C virus (HCV)-infected patients following successful HCC treatment interventions.
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Eligible Ages
- Over 18 Years
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Current participant in TARGET-HCC
- Adults, age ≥18 years
- First diagnosis of HCC (mixed HCC/cholangiocarcinoma may be included). Diagnosis may be histological/cytological and/or radiological.
- BCLC Stage A
- Underwent, undergoing, or planned to undergo therapy for HCC, with exception that transplant as prior or planned treatment for HCC is excluded.
- HCV RNA positive
- Inability to provide informed consent
- HCC-free imaging (as defined in Section 9.1.1) after treatment of initial HCC prior to Screening (see Section 9.2.9 for imaging details)
- Prior liver transplantation
- Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) surface antigen positive (HBsAg)
- Previously treated with direct-acting antiviral agents (not DAA-naïve); Note that prior (peg)IFN and/or ribavirin therapy is allowed
Enrollment Inclusion Criteria:
- Continued participation in TARGET-HCC
- No recurrence or progression of initial HCC beyond BCLC Stage A prior to Enrollment/Baseline
- HCC-free imaging (as defined in Section 9.1.1) at Enrollment/Baseline (see Section 9.2.9 for imaging details; participants may remain in Screening until an HCC-free image is obtained)
- Remains DAA-naïve (prior therapy with (peg)IFN and/or ribavirin is allowed)
Enrollment Exclusion Criteria:
- Liver transplantation since Screening
- Study Type
- Observational Model
- Time Perspective
|Prospective||The prospective DAA-PASS cohort will include a subset of HCV RNA positive participants in the TARGET-HCC study who meet entry criteria including hepatitis C (with no prior history of DAA therapy) and newly diagnosed Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer (BCLC) Stage A HCC. Participants will be enrolled in the countries participating in TARGET-HCC which will include: United States (US), France, Germany, Italy, and Spain.|
|Historical||The historical cohort will be derived from the ITA.LI.CA database, which includes data on all consecutive patients with HCC who were managed within participating centers in Italy. The historical cohort will include patients from the ITA.LI.CA database who have active HCV infection who were not treated for HCV (IFN-based or DAA-based regimens) during the followup period, with initial HCC diagnosis BCLC Stage A, and subsequent successful treatment of HCC with curative therapy.|
- Active, not recruiting
- Target PharmaSolutions, Inc.